“I am senstitive to my clients’ needs, I care about them, and I successfully guide them through the most difficult times in their lives.” – Erika Donner
Erika Donner is a passionate advocate, with experience working under some of the best lawyers in the country. Though she began her career on the corporate side of law, she eventually found herself searching for work that more directly impacted individuals and familes. She slowly added a few family law cases, and quickly learned that the skills, knowledge, and experiences she acquired in litigation could be applied to family law as well. Once Erika found a career path that was both fulfilling and challenging in family law, she never looked back.
Erika believes that a good family law attorney must be well-versed in a variety of aspects of the law, because divorce affects countless areas of a client’s life. With this in mind, Erika combines her years of experience with her compassion, grace, and strong advocacy skills to achieve the best possible outcome for her clients.
When not working tirelessly, Erika enjoys spending time with her family, skiing both down hills and on Minnesota’s many lakes and rivers, and watching Jayhawk basketball.
- University of Kansas School of Law – Lawrence, Kansas, 2002, J.D.
- Founder, National Association for Public Interest Law (now “Equal Justice Works”) student chapter
- University of Kansas – Lawrence, Kansas, 2002, M.S.W.
- University of Kansas – Lawrence, Kansas, 1999, B.S.W.
Professional Memberships, Awards, and Appointments
- Named Up and Coming Attorney by Minnesota Lawyer in 2008
- Named Rising Star by Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine in 2007
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pro bono attorney at Children’s Law Center of Minnesota