You deserve to be informed.
**M. Sue Wilson Law Offices, P.A. does not necessarily endorse the content of the articles we link to, but we provide these links as a service to the visitors of our website. It is up to the visitor to determine the veracity and accuracy of any article or website, these included.**
M. Sue Wilson Law Offices, P.A. has compiled a list of informative articles to provide you with additional education and information in the following areas of family law:
Divorce and Separation
- The Decline in Marriage: What To Do [PDF], Brookings, 9/13/2005. This article focuses on federal and state initiatives to promote healthy family dynamics.
- The State of Our Unions: 2005 [PDF], National Marriage Project, 7/19/2005.
- Parenting Challenges During Separation, Parenting and Marital Advice. This article focuses on how to sit down with children and talk with them about the divorce.
- What is the First Thing to Say When You Want a Divorce?, Articles on Divorce, Custody, and Parental Alienation Syndrome, 10/1/03. A short article on how to talk to your spouse about a divorce. There is also a section on what to do if you are anticipating a divorce that could be abusive.
Child Custody, Visitation Rights and Child Support
- Child Support Laws in Minnesota: An Overview [PDF], State of Minnesota, 3/30/2005. An information brief about child support laws pertaining to Minnesota.
- Child Custody. This article explains the different types of child custody.
- Child Support. A definition of child support. What it does and doesn’t include and answers to common questions.
- Child Support in Minnesota, A complete guide to Minnesota Child Support. An explanation on the financial aspect of child support in Minnesota.
- Visitation Dos and Don’ts, Divorce matters. A guide of Do’s and Don’ts concerning parental visitation.
- Visitation and Visitation Issues, Minnesota Divorce Source. An article that looks at the different types of visitation laws and schedules.
- Child Support and the Limitations on Private Agreements, Responsible Divorce Newsletter, 10/15/2004. This article discusses the obligation of both parents to support their children after a divorce. It provides hypothetical examples of how child support payments are conducted.
- Property and Debt Allocation in Minnesota Divorce, Divorce Net, 8/17/04. This article explains what is considered to be a marital asset and a non-marital asset and how these assets are divided and allocated in a divorce.
- Property Divisions and Non-Marital Assets, Divorce Net, 8/17/06. This article explains the marital estate and the assets of each party.
- Domestic Violence and Abuse: Types, Signs, Symptoms, Causes and Effects, Help guide: Mental Health issues, 11/9/04. A lengthy article about domestic violence that covers many topics such as the reasons for domestic abuse and how to detect it.
- Domestic Violence Screening, Psyche Central, 5/14/04. This is a quiz that helps to determine if you are in an abusive relationship.
- Dealing with Domestic Abuse, 6/29/06. This is an article from the perspective of a woman named Kathy and how she dealt with an abusive partner. After her story is told the article gives information about domestic abuse with lessons on how to cope.
- Steps to Address Domestic Violence, 2/2/01. This article offers suggestions on how to go about addressing a violent situation. It also includes helpful worksheets.